Saturday, 19 September 2009

Humankind opens in East Nashville


Friday night Carla and I attended the grand opening of Humankind a new vintage store located in East Nashville. The new store has settled into the huge beige, what the duck is it for, building that has taken years to finish on Gallatin Road facing the Aldi and Goodwill. Thank goodness something is actually open in there! The lovely people at Humankind have set up racks and racks of donated second hand clothing in the small but welcoming number 206 perched upstairs in the almost vacant property. I must say it is not my favorite location but what the building lacks in character the owners make up for in heart. Humankind is a non-profit and the profits from the merchandise sold will go toward purchasing required standard school attire for refugee kids entering the Metro Nashville School system. How can you not shop there? Make sure you have some time when you go and remember this is a thrift store, you will have to hunt for your treasures but I am confident you will find them. I found mine in the form of a cropped hot pink leather jacket with fringe. Unfortunately the line backer shoulder pads it packed deterred me from purchasing the $12 jewel as well as the look on Carla's face when i slipped it over my bony shoulders.

Humankind is located at 604 Gallitan Ave. #206 (upstairs)
Open Wed - Sat 11:00am - 5:00pm
Follow them on Twitter - @humankindnash





No comments:

Post a Comment