Monday, 26 October 2009

Mizzie Modifies: DIY Fashion - Boot Bling


For the last couple of months, I have been on the look out for a new pair of winter boots.  I wanted something with a heel, leather, tall and fantastic.  I had noticed that a lot of the boots I was drawn to were adorned with what I like to call boot bling.  So I added boot bling to my new boot criteria.  As with most of my "i know exactly what I want" shopping trips, I failed to find what I was looking for at a price I could justify.  Then one afternoon, standing in the middle of Selfridges Shoe department in London, surrounded by Gucci, prada and Miu Miu, I had an epiphany.  Why don't I buy the boots I can afford, then modify them by adding some bling myself?  That day I bought some wicked boots, took them home and put them on, then booted up my computer and began my search.   What I was looking for were boot straps.  Still don't know what they were originally for, but I love them!  I mean come on, if I live in Nashville I should take advantage of the cowboy gear at some point.

Step One:  Buy some kick ass boots.

Step Two: Find some boot straps.  I bought mine from a Nashville shop called Mr. Tips.  Mine were $30.
Step Three: Put your boot straps on your boots.

Tip: The boot straps come with a chain that goes under your boot.  I removed this, because the chains were kinda heavy and loud when I walked.

Step Four:  Try them on all your boots.  Have fun!!!

Step Five:  Buy more boot straps.  I am getting these next.

No comments:

Post a Comment