I am sure you have all been to the thrift store and come across a lovely 100% Polyester 80's blouse. This happened to me the other day and on a whim I purchased the gorgeous blue piece. Calling it a piece makes me feel fancy. A few days later I was rummaging through my collection of future projects and found something, well two somethings, that literally took my breath away. I let out a little yelp when I pulled from my drawers of ribbons and fabric two sequin, I am not sure what they are for, patches that were the exact same color as my new Poly Piece. I think I also did a little dance. I mean how lucky is that?
So you might not be as lucky as I was to have a perfect match but here is a Mizzie Modifies that may take a tiny bit of effort to find the "pieces", but is the easiest one to do.
Step One: Um obviously you need the materials. A blouse that you would like to modify and two sequin or other embellishments that would look nice on the shoulders of your blouse. I would start looking at Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and Jo Ann Fabrics.
Step Two: Pin your embellishments onto your shirt to find the right placement.
Step Three: Take needle and thread and hand stitch the embellishments onto your blouse.
So easy.
I would love to see some photos of your projects. Please send me some at mizzie@stellashops.com

nice!!!
ReplyDelete