Now for the good stuff. This Modifies is very exciting. It is cheap, easy and it literally took me like 15 minutes!
For the past couple of months I have been really into these Kenneth Jay Lane rings, aren't they gorgeous?
So of course I started looking around my jewelry box to see what kind of statement ring I could fashion out what I already owned. Here is what I came up with.
Step One: Find a ring you don't wear or one that fits nicely and you don't mind covering up.
Step Two: Find or buy a brooch that is no bigger than 2 inches in diameter and has a semi flat back to it. Metal works the best but you could use a plastic one. I had this one just sitting in my jewelry box and I don't think I have ever worn it.
Step Three: I can't believe how easy this is. Just glue the broach to the ring. Blam! I used an epoxy specifically for metals and used the pin to help secure it. If you are not sure what type of glue to use just do a little Google research. There is so much glue info out there it's actually shocking.
Step Four: Wear your new fantastic statement ring. I LOVE mine and can't believe it didn't cost me a dime to make. I wore it to a dinner party the other night and received a very nice compliment on it. I always hesitate a moment before telling people that I made it, but then I just blurt it out because I get so excited to talk about it and how easy it was to make.
So good luck, I hope it all goes well. And please send me photos of your homemade bling rings to mizzie [at] stellashops.com. I would love to see your creations, and I am working on a readers modifies post, so if you want to be involved you must send me photos!
Happy Modifying,

Mizzie! I love your "modification posts...so clever! I have so many brooches that I never wear. Epoxy glue, here I come!
ReplyDeleteWell now, I love the ring.. but you already knew that :) Seriously, it's gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! I have boxes of old costume jewelry...somewhere! What a fun way to create something new to wear.
ReplyDeleteMizzie, I really like this idea. I do love the look of old broaches (the kind my grandma had in her jewelry box) but I hate when they leave a hole in clothes. So this is a great alternative way of wearing them!
ReplyDeleteI'll be hitting the flea market this month to find some rings and bling, for sure! Thanks Mizzie!
ReplyDelete