Tuesday, 1 December 2009

Leaving On a Jet Plane

If our posts seem sparse over the next week, Mizzie and I apologize.  I'm headed to London Thursday to spend next week with her.  We don't know how often we'll be able to post, but we'll do our best to keep you informed of all the cool things we find in fancy London town.  I'm beyond excited to get there, but in the meantime...what the heck am I going to pack?!?!

Fall and winter are my favorite seasons.  I love coats, hats, scarves, gloves, boots, all of it, so I guess that makes this a pretty good time for me to go to London.  My dilemma is that I've basically built my travel wardrobe around my shoes, specifically four pairs of boots.  Do I really need to take four pairs of boots with me?  I know the answer to this, trust me, but it's so hard to narrow them down.  I've actually already cut out a pair of Hunter wellies (and that's probably the pair that should be coming with me) and another pair of black suede & fabric boots.

Here are my choices...


Looking at the forecast again, it's showing rain every day.  This makes me think I should leave the suede, over-the-knee pair at home, but they're flat, super comfortable and I weather-proofed them Sunday. The black wedges are definitely coming.  These are my "go-to" boots this season.  I really want to take the gray booties so I have some kind of heel besides the wedge boots, but I'm not totally sold on them yet.  As I look at this photo, I'm thinking maybe the motorcycle boots need to sit this one out.  What do you think?

I'm also feeling the need to pack every piece of sequined everything I own.  I am in love with this sweater dress right now, but I don't think it will be cold enough for it.  I need to consult Mizzie on this one.




This vintage black sequin number is definitely coming with me.  It's warm, but not as heavy as the gray one, and it's pretty much 80's fabulous.  Keeper.




I got this vintage shirt at Fanny's Frocks! a couple weeks ago and I think it has to come with me too.  This also may mean the addition of my purple velvet blazer.  Hmmm...coats, I haven't even gone there yet. 



So many decisions!  What do you think?  Suede boots or no suede boots?

I'll keep you posted on the packing situation.  Tomorrow I need to finalize the basics I'm taking and actually get it all into a suitcase.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. If you want to look good and stand out from the crowd, you need our WedgeWelly boots!

    Our Wellies are guaranteed to give you a height advantage over those flat Wellie wearers, and…………………. the high fashion surface patterns will make you the envy of everyone!!!!

    And if that’s not enough………………. these Wellies will be the most comfortable you will ever put on your feet (so if you’re planning long walks, make sure your feet are well looked after in our slipper inspired WedgeWellys!!).

    Have a soleful day

    Sarah xx
    www.wedgewelly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, that Parlour Vintage has some awesome stuff! ;) Thanks Aria!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah. Will have to look up WedgeWelly when I get to London.

    ReplyDelete