This week we answer our first reader make-up and beauty question.
Melanie asks:
What is a 5-10 minute make up look I can use for work? Simple but classy. I want my skin to shine and my eyes to sparkle.
Well Melanie, just for you I have worked out a 6-step plan, and included some options if you have more time. So here we go.
When I approach my morning make-up routine the first thing I think about is how much time I have and then I add or subtract steps accordingly. For an easy basic morning make-up routine I recommend the following.
Step 2 - Foundation. Apply the foundation of your choice with your fingers or a foundation brush. I prefer a brush and my favorite one right now is M.A.C.'s # 130. Make sure you cover your eyelids and blend the foundation down to your neck so you don't end up with a line where your face ends and your neck begins. My skin has hyper-pigmentation so I use a medium coverage, but if you have an even skin tone then you may want to skip this step and go straight to concealer.
Step 5 - Eyebrows. Eyebrows frame the face and give a very finished look if done well. I see so many neglected eyebrows walking around I want to really emphasize what a defined tidy eyebrow can achieve. I use a pencil just to gently define my brows. Then I brush down the hairs before I fill in and brush them back up again after I'm done.
If you want to amp up your look you can add a darker lipstick like this lovely plum color or a burgundy depending on your complexion.
Melanie, I hope this helps and please let me know if any of you have any questions.
Keep sending in those make-up and beauty questions. We will have another answer for you in two weeks.

Thanks so much. The eyebrow tip is most helpful. Do you recommend a certain eyebrow pencil?
ReplyDeleteEyebrow pencils can be expensive and I have tried a few and the one I keep coming back to is Rimmels. It's not expensive and is a great texture. Hope that helps.
ReplyDelete